I'm pretty much the worst blogger in the history of bloggers. It's been
- My Doula business is booming. So far, I've met with and taken on nine clients. NINE! In two weeks?!? That's pretty awesome. Of course, it helps that I'm offering services for free; but still, those nine free couples will hopefully become the bedrock of my referrals and references.
- That's the main reason I've been such a slack blogger. I haven't had my normal "Daddy's home and Mommy gets to
read Facebook and putz around on Pinterestblog" time.
- Thanksgiving happened. In our case, it was "Friendsgiving" since we didn't actually spend time with our family; but more a core group of "orphaned" friends. There's a lot more to say about that and I will do a separate post about it with photos. But in summary: It was awesome
- My computer broke. Well, actually I should say that my technologically inept mother sent a virus via email to us. Which my husband, who has the mouse-clicking skills of a wildebeest opened by mistake.Long story short- we have been computerless for seven days. That's practically seven YEARS in the blogging world.
- It seems my slackness in blogging has lost a follower. Boo. We're down to 61. But I have no fear, the cuteness that is my child will win them back. At least, I hope.
- For the past 5 days, we've been saying that we're going to buy a Christmas Tree. And then we don't.
- To counteract that little bit of Holiday Procrastination, Beatrice Kate and I put up some of our indoor house decorations. Beatrice Kate then promptly broke two items; including a Shepard for a manger scene. Jesus may not appreciate that.
- My husband seems to be channeling his inner Clark Griswold and has spent the past few days planning an elaborate holiday light show for our home's exterior. I sent him to Home Depot for a plastic bin and he came back with two boxes of Roofing Adapters to hold lights to your house. If he times it to music, it's going on You Tube and I'm charging money for spectators.
- Beatrice Kate has grown leaps and bounds developmentally (as well as physically) over the last two weeks. Practically overnight she's added words and phrases, and can do more things independently (thankyouverymuch) than ever before. I'll do a Slices of Life post soon because it's really quite astounding.
- That being said, the Durham County Child Development Services folks (fancy speak for: people who tell you where your preemie is at developmentally) are coming next week with a physical therapist. Bea is still toe-walking; and as cute as it is... it's a no-no in the Preemie World.
- I'm also having her freakish ability to memorize and repeat sounds evaluated. It's beyond strange.