- Giveaway Alert: This is a biggie. Don't forget, you have until tomorrow to be entered to win a FREE bag of my fav baby detergent, Rockin' Green. Click here to find out how to get your name in the hat to win.
- Long time, no blog: Ok, not really, but faithfuls know that we usually update the blog daily. This week, things have been a little crazy. Sorry for that.
- Reason #1 for the extended absesnce: My grandmother, Nana, was put into the hospital on Monday night. Scary at first, still a little weary from the drive there and back in 24 hours but all seems to be stable and okay now. Long story short: Nana had a series of small strokes which caused a hemorrhage in her brain. A trip to the E.R., a two day stay at the hospital and she'll be discharged today with a few activity restrictions. Nana, my only living grandparent, is more than a family member. She's a family force, and a giant, Nana-sized hole will be created, and never filled in our family, when something happens to her. We were all a little freaked for a bit.
- First night away: The trauma of leaving my baby for the first time overnight was overshadowed a bit by the fact that my grandmother was sick. But, don't think the thought was lost on me. I hated being away from her and annoyed Casey like crazy for hourly updates on how she was doing.
- She did great, of course: Casey stayed home from work yesterday to take care of Bea. They had a great time together and took in a visit to the NC Museum of Art. Bea loved it, ate well for Casey and even took a great nap. The punk.
- Reason #2: Beatrice Kate has turned into a complete crazy baby this week. We assume that she's cutting molars and thus is just plain uncomfortable; but she's making life around here.... less than pleasant. In the past 8 days, she's only slept through the night entirely twice. The rest of the time she wakes up no less than 4-5 times a night, crying a blood curdling cry that's only soothed by being rocked back to sleep. Naps, naturally, are out of the question for her too.We're tired and our ears are ringing from all the whining.
- Reason #3: I haven't talked a lot about it; but we've got some things happening with our house and it's keeping us constantly busy.
- Eating Rampage: Usually, I'm hemming and hawing over the fact that I can't get Bea to eat a proper meal. This week, she's on a tear. For breakfast alone yesterday she ate: an egg with onion and bell peppers, a waffle, four strawberries, a few bites of oatmeal and a handful of spinach (just to be well-rounded). Craziness, I tell you.
- When Nana was in the ER on Monday night, she was getting overwhelmed by the loud noises surrounding her. This is the note that the nurses put on her door. It did not inspire a lot of confidence:
|Correct spelling optional ...|